Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: Daily Pilot HomeCollectionsCanal Street
IN THE NEWS

Canal Street

NEWS
April 19, 2004
POLICE FILES COSTA MESA Bear Street and South Coast Drive: Stolen property was received at 4:25 p.m. Saturday. Harbor Boulevard: Possession of a controlled substance was reported in the 2200 block at 1:30 p.m. Saturday. Scott Place: Public intoxication was reported in the 700 block at 12:15 a.m. Saturday. Shalimar and Wallace avenues: An unleashed animal was reported at 3 p.m. Saturday. East 17th Street: Drinking in public was reported in the 300 block at 2 a.m. Saturday.
Advertisement
LOCAL
April 10, 2010
AREA 1 Harbor Boulevard: Prostitution was reported in the 3100 block at 6:57 p.m. Friday. Ford Road: A residential burglary was reported in the 400 block at 7:36 a.m. Friday. Newport Boulevard: A vehicle burglary was reported in the 1800 block at 6:23 a.m. Friday. AREA 2 Bristol Street: A vehicle burglary was reported in the 3300 block at 2:18 p.m. Friday. St. Clair Street: A stolen vehicle was reported in the 700 block at 10:21 a.m. Friday.
NEWS
September 1, 2004
Deirdre Newman A group of Newport Shores homeowners want a canal near their homes dredged to get rid of the sediment they say is damaging the water quality and health of the marshlands. But the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, which owns the channel, says its first priority is dredging the Santa Ana River. And funding is hard to come by for other projects, project manager Ken Morris said. The corps is dredging 400,000 cubic yards of sediment from the Santa Ana River channel and plans to dispose of it in West Newport Beach.
NEWS
By: Andrew Edwards | August 2, 2005
Plans to accelerate the name change of a Newport Beach hotel will not stop a lawsuit filed against the hotel's owners and management company, a plaintiff's attorney said Monday. Canal Street Grande Inc., based in Irvine, filed a lawsuit Thursday alleging that the new owners and managers of the Sutton Place Hotel violated federal and California trademark law and engaged in unfair competition practices by continuing to use the Sutton Place name after closing a deal to buy the hotel July 11. The lawsuit named hotel owners at San Clemente-based Sunstone Hotel Investors Inc. and the hotel's management company, Toronto-based Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, as defendants.
NEWS
By: | August 1, 2005
Hotel name changes sooner than expected Newport Beach will become home to a Fairmont hotel sooner than expected. Plans for the Sutton Place Hotel to be renamed the Fairmont Newport Beach were moved forward to Wednesday, six months earlier than expected, after a lawsuit filed last week alleged that the hotel's owners and managers were improperly using the Sutton Place name. "We're very proud of this property, and we never want to question another company's name and reputation," hotel general manager Randy Zupanski said.
Daily Pilot Articles Daily Pilot Articles
|