Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: Daily Pilot HomeCollectionsArraignment
IN THE NEWS

Arraignment

NEWS
By Joseph Serna | June 8, 2009
A Ladera Ranch woman accused of hatching a murder-for-profit scheme against a wealthy Newport Beach single father in 1994 is scheduled to be arraigned with her accused accomplice Thursday. Nanette Ann Packard McNeal, formerly Nanette Ann Johnston, 43, is expected to enter a plea along with Eric Andrew Naposki, 42, on charges the two killed Bill McLaughlin in 1994. Packard McNeal, who is now married, was scheduled to enter a plea Monday, but her attorney rescheduled it for Thursday.
Advertisement
LOCAL
April 14, 2009
A Costa Mesa man who fatally struck a pedestrian with his car in August is scheduled to be arraigned today for vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence after police determined the crash was his fault because he was text messaging while driving, prosecutors said. An Orange County Superior Court judge recently issued a warrant for Martin Kuehl’s arrest because he was free while police investigated the crash. Newport Beach police arrested him Monday afternoon. He is being held in lieu of $100,000 bail in Orange County Jail.
LOCAL
By Joseph Serna | May 9, 2008
An Orange resident will be arraigned later this month on charges that he repeatedly masturbated in public in several Newport Beach locations, police said Thursday. David Michael White, 32, was arrested shortly before midnight May 2 after a resident pointed him out as the man who allegedly masturbated in public in the 400 block of East Balboa Boulevard in April, police said. Investigators suspect White may be responsible for several other indecent exposures on the peninsula in recent months.
NEWS
By Lauren Williams, lauren.williams@latimes.com | May 4, 2011
A former Ladera Ranch man pleaded not guilty Tuesday to charges that he raped two women and sexually assaulted a third. Ali Achekzai, 33, who was on Orange County's 10 Most Wanted List until his extradition to the United States from Austria last summer, was arraigned at the Central Justice Center in Santa Ana. Orange County Superior Court Judge Craig E. Robison set Achekzai's pre-trial for July 1 and his jury trial for Oct. 10. Achekzai is...
NEWS
By Joseph Serna, joseph.serna@latimes.com | July 14, 2010
Two Orange County men are scheduled to be arraigned Friday on charges that they robbed a man at gunpoint and later stole $50 from another man while stabbing him six times during a late-night crime spree in Newport Beach in May. Maximiliano Bahena Jr., 20, of Orange, and Frank Zamora Rocha, 19, of Garden Grove, face attempted murder and robbery charges related to separate May 27 incidents on the Balboa Peninsula. According to police, the crime spree began at about 1 a.m. at the Peninsula 7-Eleven at 1920 W. Balboa Blvd.
NEWS
By Amber Gonzales, dailypilot@latimes.com | March 28, 2011
COSTA MESA — A white man accused of yelling racial remarks while intoxicated and then punching two Hispanic men was scheduled to be arraigned Monday on hate-crime charges. The defendant, Chad Martin Jurjaks, 30, of Costa Mesa, is being charged with two felony counts of hate crime battery and faces a maximum sentence of seven years and four months in state prison. Jurjaks allegedly yelled, "F--- Mexicans!" at a Hispanic man, his wife, cousin and nephew as they entered a 7-Eleven on March 5. He then punched the 42-year-old man and his 26-year-old nephew one time each in the head.
NEWS
January 24, 2001
Danette Goulet COSTA MESA -- Former Long Beach Police Officer Michael McDonald waits in a Costa Mesa Jail cell for an arraignment hearing after police say he lured a 14-year-old boy to his Costa Mesa apartment and sexually assaulted him. McDonald, 60, is being charged with three counts of lewd acts with a child younger than 16, three acts of child abduction and six other counts of sexual assault. The arraignment, originally scheduled to be heard last week at the Harbor Justice Center, has been continued until Feb. 2, court officials said Tuesday.
LOCAL
February 7, 2009
. CORRECTION: Story incorrectly identified victim Viet Nguyen as a gang member. Nguyen was an associate of the gang. The arraignment of three of four men authorities claim were involved in the execution-style slaying of an alleged gang member 14 years ago in Costa Mesa has been rescheduled for later this month. Anthony Paul Johnson Jr., 32, Giang Thuy Nguyen, 33, and Truc Ngoc Tran, 31, are scheduled to be in court Feb. 27 at Orange County Superior Court in Santa Ana. A fourth man charged in the crime, Tam Hung Nguyen, 33, formerly of Riverside, was arrested in January in Anoka County, Minn.
LOCAL
May 8, 2008
A Lake Elsinore man is scheduled to be arraigned today on charges he broke into luxury cars in several cities in Orange County, including Newport Beach, and stole personal information for identity thefts, officials said. Jesus Lara Jr. is charged with two felony counts of second degree burglary and two felony counts of using stolen credit card numbers taken from cars in Newport Beach, Irvine and Dana Point, among other places. Prosecutors claim between October and January Lara worked with five other people in an identity theft ring that targeted the owners of luxury cars throughout Orange County.
Daily Pilot Articles Daily Pilot Articles
|