Advertisement

Barbecue sparks Newport home fire

October 14, 2013

A barbecue that remained hot overnight caused a fire at a Newport Beach home early Saturday, fire officials said.

The fire erupted on the second story patio of a home in the 200 block of East Balboa Boulevard.

The Newport Beach Fire Department extinguished the fire, which caused about $30,000 in damage, in roughly 45 minutes, authorities said.

No injuries were reported.

—Hannah Fry

@HannahFryTCN

Advertisement
Daily Pilot Articles Daily Pilot Articles
|
|
|