Advertisement

Newport firefighters extinguish burning futon

August 06, 2012

Newport Beach firefighters responded to a garage fire Saturday near the 400 block of Aliso Avenue, authorities said.

At 8:40 p.m. firefighters arrived to find a burning futon mattress in the two-car garage, according to Fire Department spokeswoman Jennifer Schulz.

Firefighters put out the fire after taking the mattress into an alley adjacent to the home, according to a news release.

Advertisement

The fire, which was isolated to the garage, was ruled an accident, caused by the spontaneous combustion of the mattress and oils.

Damage to the garage and its contents was estimated at $30,000.

— Jillian Beck

Twitter: @TheDailyPilot

Daily Pilot Articles Daily Pilot Articles
|
|
|