Advertisement

Police resume search in Irvine landfill for bodies of two boys

June 01, 2012|From the Los Angeles Times

Police have resumed their search of an Irvine landfill for the bodies of two children prosecutors believe were killed by their father more than a month and a half ago.

Shazer Fernando Limas, 31, was charged with three counts of special circumstances murder in early May, which makes him eligible for the death penalty.

Investigators believe he stabbed and killed his girlfriend, Arlet Hernandez Contreras, and their two sons, ages 1 year and 3 months, in their apartment in Orange on April 15. 

Advertisement

Contreras’ body was found in a gutter in La Puente 10 days after she disappeared. The boy's bodies have not been recovered.

Sgt. Dan Adams of the Orange Police Department said that Limas had been cooperative with investigators.

“He just hasn’t told us where the bodies of the two boys are,” he said.

In early May, investigators focused on a Brea landfill before turning their attention to Irvine.

This story was reported by Times Staff Writer Nicole Santa Cruz.

...Continue reading "Police resume search in Irvine landfill for bodies of two boys"

Daily Pilot Articles Daily Pilot Articles
|
|
|