Advertisement

Report: Cigarettes ignited Newport trash fire

November 28, 2011

Lighted cigarettes tossed into a trash can ignited a fire outside of an office building in Newport Beach on Sunday night, according to media reports.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze, which was reported at 7:08 p.m. in the 3100 block of W. Coast Hwy., according to the Orange County Register.

Apparently the cigarettes burned the trash and a nearby pile of wood, which was being used in a building remodeling project, as well as other debris, according to a statement from firefighters cited in the report.

Advertisement

A section of the building's exterior was burned, according to the Register.

No one was hurt.

The Daily Pilot

Daily Pilot Articles Daily Pilot Articles
|
|
|