Advertisement

Accidental fire destroys home garage

March 22, 2011

A weekend blaze that destroyed a Costa Mesa home's garage was accidental, fire department investigators said.

The Sunday night fire at a home in the 1800 block of Anaheim Avenue started on the outside of a detached garage in the backyard, but authorities aren't sure how. Wind gusts were so strong and spread so fast when the 9 p.m. fire began that investigators couldn't find where it ignited, officials said.

The fire destroyed the small storage structure, but firefighters kept the flames from spreading to the home or nearby buildings.

One resident was treated for smoke inhalation and released. No firefighters were injured.

—Joseph Serna

Advertisement
Daily Pilot Articles Daily Pilot Articles
|
|
|