The temporary restraining order issued to block California from selling the Orange County Fairgrounds will remain in effect until Jan. 10, said a lawyer representing the sale's opponents.
The state Court of Appeal agreed to hear the case that seeks to prevent the sale, extending the restraining order for days after Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger leaves office and the new administration takes over, said Wylie Aitken, the lawyer representing State Sen. Lou Correa (D-Santa Ana), Assemblyman Jose Solorio (D-Anaheim), outgoing Costa Mesa Councilwoman and current school board member Katrina Foley, and the Orange County Fairgrounds Preservation Society.
Jeff Teller, president of Tel Phil Enterprises Inc., is also part of the lawsuit.
Orange County Superior Court Judge Michael Brenner last week ruled against the group's lawsuit, but extended the restraining order, which gave them time to appeal to the higher court.