Advertisement

One injured during factory evacuation

A man received minor injuries after walking through a plate-glass window during a factory’s hazardous waste scare Wednesday afternoon.

July 02, 2008

A man received minor injuries after walking through a plate-glass window during a factory’s hazardous waste scare Wednesday afternoon.

No one else was injured in the evacuation of J. D. Lincoln Inc., a local company that manufactures adhesives and composite materials.

Costa Mesa Fire Department responded to a call from the company at 851 W. 18th St. when a 300-gallon barrel of hypoxy began producing white smoke.

Advertisement

Businesses surrounding John D. Lincoln were vacated even though the hazard, which was caused by overheating, was contained.

After walking through the window, the man was transported to Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian.

— Jacquelyn Rumfola


Daily Pilot Articles Daily Pilot Articles
|
|
|