1. Why should voters choose you?
2. How will you make the council more responsive to residents?
3. What do you hope to accomplish over the next four years?
1. I currently serve on City Council and previously served on Planning Commission. I am committed to sustaining and improving our quality of life. This past week, I voted to approve an historic agreement with the county which gives the city veto authority over land acquisition to construct a second commercial runway at John Wayne Airport. I am endorsed by the Airport Working Group (AWG). I've supported programs and projects to improve water quality and funded the Back Bay Science Center where our children will be able to learn the importance of our environment. I've led the city's efforts to sue Irvine over the 20,000 high rise condo units that are developing along the Jamboree Corridor. We must stop 40,000 vehicle trips from dumping into Newport. I have the perseverance necessary to campaign and continue to represent the citizens of this great city. I am a fiscal conservative endorsed by the Republican Party of Orange County.
2. Residents deserve accessibility and communication. Walking precincts enabled me to meet many residents and is a valuable process to learn the issues that concern residents. Many people have opened their door to me and in turn, I have an open door policy. I may be contacted by e-mail, telephone, in person, or through my website. My website is www.lesliedaigle.com. I believe council members should periodically hold localized meetings in their district at a city facility or community association setting.