offered. The event is sponsored by the city of Newport Beach
Recreation & Senior Services Department.
* WHAT: Performances of "La Posada Magica."
* WHEN: 3 and 8 p.m.
* WHERE: South Coast Repertory, 655 Town Center Drive, Costa Mesa.
Call for ticket prices.
* INFORMATION: Octavio Solis and Marcos Loya's play is about a
grieving girl who tries to sabotage her neighborhood's posada
procession. Call (714) 708-5555.
* WHAT: A book-signing and open house for the book, "Jinkie's
Italian Family Kitchen," written by Connie Jinkie Modnick.
* WHEN: Noon to 4 p.m.
* WHERE: Ziggy's Optical, 3417 Via Lido, Newport Beach.
* INFORMATION: Modnick has captured three generations of Old World
cooking handed down through her family in her new cook book.
* WHAT: "Redwood Curtain," a Lanford Wilson play about a Vietnam
veteran living in the woods and a Vietnamese American girl searching
for her father.
* WHEN: 2:30 p.m.
* WHERE: Newport Theatre Arts Center, 2501 Cliff Drive, Newport
* INFORMATION: Ticket prices will be $15. Information: (949)
631-0288 or http://ntacconline.com.