* Avoid U-turns in school zones, congested areas or close to an
* Don't park, even temporarily, where it is illegal.
* Always pull to the curb when dropping off or picking up
* Pedestrians should cross only at corners, so drivers can see
* Always use a crosswalk when it is available. But remember that
painted lines can't stop cars.
* Cross only on a new green light, so you have time to cross
* Never cross the street from between cars. Drivers can't see you.
* If sidewalks are not provided, walk on the left side of the
road, facing traffic, so you can see oncoming cars.
-- Courtesy of the Newport Beach Police Department and the
Automobile Club of Southern California.