* Service times: From 9 to 9:50 a.m. Sunday, small groups of all
ages meet for a Bible enrichment hour. From 9:50 to 10:10 a.m., there
is a break for doughnuts and coffee. Worship begins at 10:15 a.m.
* Pastoral staff: The Rev. Leigh Harrison, lead pastor; Frank
Custer, associate pastor, children's pastor and administration; Jeff
Watson, worship and outreach director; Tyler Molway, youth director
* Size of congregation: 250 to 300 adults
* Makeup of congregation: Primarily 30- to 50-year-old adults
with families. There is also a small, active group of adults 55 and
* Child care: Child care is provided for all services and at most
small ministry functions.
* Type of worship: The worship is a prayer-filled and practical
presentation of God's word that includes the use of video, drama,
testimonies and songs to support the week's biblical message.
* Type of sermons: The pastor aims to make his messages
biblically purposeful. He seeks to convey the meaning of each
scriptural text as the author intended it for those he wrote. He then
provides a contemporary, practical application drawn on the text.
Messages address current issues that people find themselves dealing
with in daily life. An extensive study guide for each message,
complete with scriptures and insights, is provided in the Sunday
* Recent sermons: Harrison just completed a study on 1 Peter
titled "Making Suffering Purposeful." The practical application of
the study focused on using life's struggles as a means of growth and
as a way to develop a stronger relationship with God and others.
* Upcoming sermons: A new series for the Christmas season is
planned, called "Christmas a Time for Meaningful Joy!"
* Mission statement: The church's mission is "to lead people to
develop a personal, passionate and productive relationship with
Jesus, God's son." Harrison says the church is focused on providing
biblical insight and practical direction for all ages through a
contemporary style and a focus on "transparency and realness."
* Vision statement: "We are called to worship God as we lead
others to know Jesus the Christ and become a member of His family, to